Prenatal Fitness + Prenatal Yoga - 6 week series
This class is a prenatal fitness class that will prepare the mom to be for labor and the demands of motherhood to come. Different modifications will be shown depending on your level and trimester. Classes are given in a small group setting in order to offer a private and personalized training. The class will focus on:
- Do’s and dont’s of pre-natal training (including pelvic floor and diastasis awareness)
- Circuit training using the equipment that we have at home!
- Focus of this class: Full body strength, posture and flexibility to get you ready for labor and a quicker recovery afterwards
**Live Online Belly Mama Class
In the live online class version, I offer the same small group and personalized attention as in my in-person classes but it is given through Zoom. I suggest certain equipment but it's not necessary and can go with what you have at home. I like to take a moment to talk with each participant online before they start to discuss any injuries or issues going on and at the same time see what equipment they might have and make recommendations to them directly...we will make due with what you have! Some girls will use everything from canned goods to a jug of laundry!
Here are some things that are suggested for the circuit training:
- small pair of free weights (5lbs for example)
- stability ball (it's a great tool to have for labor, bouncing on with baby and for exercise)
- mini band or a resistance band
- we are creative to find ways to do our cardio: different exercises, stairs, little step etc.
Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30pm
November 3- December 8th
About Jana Sedivic:
An all around athlete, Jana competed at the University of Tulsa, an NCAA Division 1 school in tennis, while earning her degree in Exercise and Sport Science.
She has been in the fitness industry for close to 20 years and a certified Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist working with women for the last 14 years. She is a mom of 3, having trained through all of her pregnancies. She believes not only in helping women get back into shape but in cultivating a sense of community and sharing in her classes.
Jana is a Holistic Wellness Practitioner. She earned her diploma from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. She is committed to helping her clients through her holistic approach to fitness, nutrition and well-being. You can read more about her on her website: https://www.lestudiovie.com/
**If you are new to class Jana is offering a 10 min consult to go over anything she needs to know of in terms of injuries or any issues she should know about and including your personal goals!
Contact her Jana@lestudiovie.com
Prenatal yoga is a LIVE online community class that offers an opportunity to strengthen, stretch and relax, receive birth doula support, and connect with other moms-to-be.
Each week will begin with a 20 minute group discussion on a topic related to our Motherhood (and COVID) journey. The safe, inclusive, and non-judgmental environment is often my students favorite part of class :)
The 55 minute yoga practice includes:
- breathing exercises to use as pain management during labor
- gentle stretching to make you feel good in your continuously changing body
- movement to keep your pregnant body strong
- affirmations, mantra, and visualizations to help you connect with your baby, and prepare for an empowering birth!
This class is right for you if:
- you are looking to feel connected to other pregnant moms while being safe and comfortable at home
- you are needing to carve out some special time to slow down and connect with your baby
- you are looking for guidance and support from a certified birth doula as your prepare for birth
- Thursdays 6:45-8pm
- November 5th - December 10th (in the event that I have to attend a birth you will receive 24 hours notice and makeup class will be December 17th)
*** Class recording will be available for one week after class.
- It is helpful to have 2 yoga blocks at home but is not mandatory. These can be bought online or at the Sea of Tranquility in Montreal.
Lauren is a doula, yoga teacher, and mother of two, with a background in neuroscience and education. I am an optimist. She loves the outdoors, good food, and a warm cup of anything. Community and connection bring her great joy; one of the many reasons she is so passionate about her work! Whether she is teaching yoga, coaching fertility clients, or providing doula support, her goals are the same: to educate, empower, and support you on your Motherhood journey!
For any further questions