Mama Baby Fitness + Postnatal Yoga -6 week series
MAMA BABY FITNESS
This class will focus on getting Mom back into shape with the help of her baby. We use your baby as resistance and work hard to get back to your pre-pregnancy state or even stronger. Classes are given in a small group setting in order to offer a private and personalized training. Classes are flexible and we make sure mom gets a safe and good workout while baby is happy! The class will focus on:
- When to start exercise after delivery?
- Pelvic floor and Diastasis Recti safe exercises (Jana will verify for a Diastasis Recti)
- Circuit training using the equipment that we have at home!
- Focus of the class: full body strength, core, posture and flexibility
**Live Online Mama Baby Class
In the live online class version, I offer the same small group and personalized attention as in my in-person classes but it is given through Zoom. I suggest certain equipment but it's not necessary and can go with what you have at home. I like to take a moment to talk with each participant online before they start to discuss any injuries or issues going on and at the same time see what equipment they might have and make recommendations to them directly...we will make due with what you have! Some girls will use everything from canned goods to a jug of laundry and/or baby weight!
Here are some things that are suggested for the circuit training:
- small pair of free weights (5lbs for example)
- stability ball (it's a great tool to have for bouncing with baby sitting on it and for exercise)
- mini band or a resistance band
- we are creative to find ways to do our cardio: different exercises, stairs, little step etc.
Select either Monday, Wednesdays, or Fridays from 10:30-11:30am (you will receive an email from Jana to confirm which date you want)
Begins first week of November until second week December
** the recording of the class will be available for 1 week after
About Jana Sedivec:
An all around athlete, Jana competed at the University of Tulsa, an NCAA Division 1 school in tennis, while earning her degree in Exercise and Sport Science.
She has been in the fitness industry for close to 20 years and a certified Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist working with women for the last 14 years. She is a mom of 3, having trained through all of her pregnancies. She believes not only in helping women get back into shape but in cultivating a sense of community and sharing in her classes.
Jana is a Holistic Wellness Practitioner. She earned her diploma from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. She is committed to helping her clients through her holistic approach to fitness, nutrition and well-being. You can read more about her on her website: https://www.lestudiovie.com/
**If you are new to class Jana is offering a 10 min consult to go over anything she needs to know of in terms of injuries or any issues she should know about and including your personal goals!
Contact her Jana@lestudiovie.com
Postnatal yoga is a LIVE online community class that offers an opportunity to strengthen, stretch and relax, receive group postpartum doula support, AND connect with other moms.
Each week we will begin with a 30 minute group discussion on a topic related to our Motherhood (and COVID) journey. The safe, inclusive, and non-judgmental environment is often my students favorite part of class :)
The 45 minute yoga practice focuses mainly on the moms and includes:
- breath work to calm the nervous system
- gentle stretching to make you feel good in your body
- movement to strengthen your core, hips and pelvic floor.
*** Babies can be napping during the class- this is the benefit to practicing from home!
This class is right for you if:
- you are looking to feel connected to other moms while being safe and comfortable at home
- you want to learn how to begin to safely rebuild core and pelvic floor strength
- your baby is at least 6 weeks old
- Thursdays 10 - 11:15am
- November 5 - December 10 (in the event that I have to attend a birth you will receive 24 hours notice and makeup class will be December 17)
*** Class recording will be available for one week after class.
- It is helpful to have 2 yoga blocks at home but is not mandatory. These can be bought online or at the Sea of Tranquility in Montreal.
I am a doula, yoga teacher, and mother of two, with a background in neuroscience (yes, I'm a science nerd!) and education. I am an optimist. I love the outdoors, good food, and a warm cup of anything. Community and connection bring me great joy; one of the many reasons I am so passionate about my work! Whether I am teaching yoga, coaching fertility clients, or providing doula support, my goals are the same: to educate, empower, and support you on your Motherhood journey.
For any further questions